(Don’t have a bucket? Simply marking the water level of the pool with a piece of tape or pencil line can be just as effective).
- Make sure the water in the pool is at a normal operating level.
- Fill a 5 gallon bucket with pool water to within a few inches of the top.
- Place the bucket on a pool step.
- Mark the level of the water on the inside of the bucket.
- Mark the level of the water on the outside of the bucket.
- Turn off any auto fill and let the pool pump run normally.
- Do not use the pool for 24 hrs.
- After 24 hours, compare the two water levels.
If the water in the pool has gone down more than the water inside the bucket, your pool probably has a leak. If the water levels remained the same, water loss is due to normal pool evaporation and use.Think your pool has a leak? Call us for a free estimate. We are always happy to discuss your issue over the phone.
Want to know how much water your swimming pool is losing?